Ok ladies you did it, you finally got the cut you’ve been wanting for the last year, and you love it! However you just washed it for the first time after your hairstylist did it and you’re freaking out! You don’t know how to style it! Well not to worry … We’ve got you covered! If you have short hair your best bet is to utilize your natural texture, which means learning how and what products work best. Here are some tips for styling short hair without using heat:
- When in the shower, after shampooing, make sure to comb your hair while our Renewing Argan Oil conditioner is still in. Then rinse.
- Towel dry your hair by blotting and squeezing the water out. Not rubbing from side to side. Do NOT brush, you already did that in the shower.
- Apply a leave in conditioner to protect the hair and help retain moisture.
- Control the frizz with a light smoothing cream that will weigh it down just enough to eliminate the poofiness.
- For extra dry and frizzy hair add a dime size amount of your favorite oil. Key point: make sure you get every strand equally. Take the time to rub it evenly throughout your hair, you will thank us later.
- As your hair is drying flip flop your part to each side, back and forth every 5 minutes or so to avoid creating an exact part.
- When your hair is semi dry, spray a texturizing spray at your root for extra lift and bounce.
- Lightly mist and scrunch a sea salt spray all over. Just enough to dirty and roughen up the hair.
- Flip your hair upside down and add your favorite spray wax to the ends of your hair and twist a few pieces to create that piecey, edginess that makes everyone ask, “How did you make your hair look like that?”
We know this seems like a lot of work and even more product, but trust us. You’ll have healthier hair, spend less time styling it, look and feel better than ever, and absolutely love your new short hair.