Mother’s Day is only once a year and all about you so why not look your absolute best? Match your hairstyle to your daughters or mix in a special hair accessory. Go wild! Here are some style ideas to help you be a showstopper on Mother’s Day.
Thinking of taking the plunge and going for a style with bangs? Here are some things to consider before taking the leap…
(1) It will take awhile to get your bangs to look right. If you have, say, center-parted hair, your hair is likely used to growing that way. So when you cut bangs and suddenly tell these shorter bits of your hair to grow forward, it’s going to take them a minute to adjust. Most people who give up on their new bangs make that call while their hair is adjusting to the new pattern–they complain that they “can’t do” bangs, but really all their hair needs is training! We’ve found that the best way to train your hair into beautiful bangs is to blow-dry it every morning. This will give it the correct shape.
(2) Bangs are high maintenance. You have to style them. You have to hold them in position. And most importantly, you have to keep them at their optimum length. Take this into consideration when you’re deciding To Bang Or Not To Bang–if you are a wash-and-go kind of girl, you may not be happy with the time commitment a fringe requires.
(3) The bangs you want may not be the bangs you get. There are a lot of ways to wear a fringe, and what works best on you will depend on your hair type, thickness, how much time you want to spend styling it, face shape and your personal style. It is a tragedy of our times that occasionally, we may want bangs that won’t work with one or all of those things. Thin, fine hair may not accommodate a thick, full fringe. Curly hair and short, feathery bangs may never meet. Bettie bangs and a woman who has two minutes to do her hair in the morning could be a very poor match.
(4) You may need to alter your makeup style. No matter what style of fringe you’re rocking, bangs definitely change your face. They provide a frame, which can be lovely and dramatic when paired with the right makeup. Makeup should complement–not compete–with your hair.
Curly hair and we don’t care!
It’s the comeback of the curl and women everywhere are embracing it. If you have natural wiggles, could, loops, twists, bends or curves you hair can look amazing! Chances are your hair has way more potential than you realize. Don’t think so? Bet we can prove you wrong with one simple tool … a diffuser. Now, if your hair is truly straight, a diffuser is not going to magically curl your hair, but so many of us have unknown and untapped potential in our hair. The problem is that we are stuck in the habit of blasting the moisture out of our hair. The magic to healthy, bouncy curls is all in the diffuser and proper technique. Below are some helpful tips on how to properly use a diffuser to achieve perfect curls.
Do Not Brush Your Hair
Fight the urge! Your best results will come if you brush your hair well before you shampoo, or use a wide tooth comb before rinsing out your conditioner. After the shower, hang your head from side to side and gently scrunch with a towel to remove excess water. Make sure to towel dry it well, but never wait until parts of your hair have already dried. Those dry pieces will become fly aways and result in a frizzy looking finished hairstyle.
Don’t Stop At The Roots
Drying just the roots is pointless. Leaving all that water weight on the ends will just pull the curls flat again as they dry. this will cause saggy and lifeless curls. Once you have gently pressed the excess water out with a towel, use a similar scrunching technique with your curl definer/styling product, this will avoid the need to brush. Always start the diffusing process at the ends and work upwards s the hair dries. This allows the curls to spring up without the weight of the water pulling them down. To avoid fly-aways, make sure to always keep the nozzle of the dryer horizontal and not aiming up. If your hair is medium to long in length, it is best to start upside-down, then switch from side to side as you get closer to the roots. Be sure to NEVER comb through with your fingers while you are drying! Only use your hands to lift the ends of the hair and take weight off of the curls as they are drying.
As you get closer to the roots, use your hands to make a “claw” then make small circles on your scalp with your fingertips. This will encourage curl volume all the way to the roots. If you are using the SA Diffuser then it has “fingers” you can actually press directly against the scalp and use to do circles as you hang your head to one side and then the other. Once your hair is dry, grab an old fashioned plastic pick or wide tooth comb and loosely work through your hair. This will gently separate and soften the curls, giving them a modern finish.
SA BEAUTY’S MONTHLY GIVEAWAY!
Every month we will give away a FREE HAIR TOOL to the best product review submission. April’s prize is one of our Pro Elite Ceramic Flat Irons!
Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions must be received no later than the end of the day on Friday, April 28th to be considered. Be sure to include pictures or a video and show us your style!
“Looking for a two-in-one tool? Well look no further, with their thin shape and slightly rounded edges our 1.25″ Professional Performance Ceramic, 1″ Hybrid Pro Titanium, Pro Elite Ceramic and 1″ Premium TitaniumFlat Irons are all perfect for both straightening and curling hair.
“On dry hair,brush out any tangles using our detangle brush. Starting at either your part or the back, take a small section of hair (about 1/2 inch) and place the flat iron about 3/4 of the way up. Close the flat iron and twist it away from your face one time, then pull it slowly down the rest of the strand of hair, leaving it clamped down. If you do not receive the desired curl try these tips: slide the flat iron slower down he strand of hair, giving it more time to get each part of the hair hot enough. You an also try taking smaller sections. If your curl is only curling at the ends try holding the flat iron slightly longer at the top. If your curls come out kinked then you are gripping the flat iron to tightly. You don’t have to grip it really tight to get it to curl. Repeat on the remainder of your hair.
If you want more waves and less curl, lightly run the Salon Styling Comb through your hair. Once it is combed out it will look more wavy and less curly. Use a couple drops of our Renewing Argon Oil Hair Serum to finish off the look and keep your locks shiny and smooth.”
“With Easter approaching quickly it’s time to start thinking about hairstyles for those family pictures and Easter events. No matter what the hair type there’s a perfect hairstyle for you. Be sure to stand out with one of these charming and unique hairdo’s…”
1) The Simple Gibson Tuck
Sara Lynn Paige gives a great simple tutorial on how to achieve this classic look.
2) The Hair Bow
No need to buy a bow when you can make one with your hair. Katie Shelton’s tutorial will show you how to master the hair bow in six quick steps.
3) The Beehive
A classic that never goes out of style! This great in depth tutorial from A beautiful Mess will show you how to create the perfect beehive!
4) Something For The Shorties
Hot crossed buns anyone? This great look can be pulled off on any length hair. The Beauty Department shows you how in this great tutorial.
5) The Double Braid Gibson Tuck
Looking for a great 10 minute style that will turn heads? Then check out this tutorial from Uber Chic for Cheap for the step by step on how to create this simple, playful look.
6) The Pull Through Half Up
A unique idea from The Small Things. Quick and easy, this look will definitely hold up through all of your Easter activities.
7) The Twist And Flip Bun
Another great tutorial from The Beauty Department. Classic elegance and style in just eight simple steps.
8) The French Twist With A Twist
The Freckled Fox gives us a great tutorial on how to make an easy french twist with a twist.
9) The Side Bun
Love Maegan shows us how to create a classic side bun in just five minutes.
10) The Braided Bun
The Beauty Department shows us how to easily create this stunning braided bun.